Precious Blood

Chronological History

  • 1946 Father Madden establishes Cloverdale as centre for new parish with Fr. Patrick O`Sullivan as Pastor
  • 1947 Lavoie family donates property for the building of a church.
    • Oct. 14, 1947 – First Mass in the Liberal Hall.
    • Dec. 31, 1947 – First Advertised Mass in the BC Catholic
  • 1948 Construction began for the new Church
    • Aug. 14, 1948 – Wedding of Theresa Waters & Mel Nelson celebrated in the new Church
  • 1949 July 4 – CWL Charter officially issued
  • 1950 July 1 – Feast of Corpus Christi, new Church blessed and officially opened by Archbishop W.M. Duke
  • 1954 Stan and Ana Moric donate more land
    • September – Cloverdale Catholic School is built and began operating
    • Fr. Patrick O`Sullivan founded the St. Theresa`s and St. Patrick`s Circles
  • 1957 Church building sold; Rectory and Convent built;  Masses were held in the school hall.
  • 1958 3 Sisters of Notre Dame arrive to teach at the school now with 248 students in Grades 1 through 10.  CCS taught 10 grades until June 1961
  • 1963 Fr. Neil Carrigan becomes Pastor
  • 1969 Fr. Don Wilson becomes Administrator
  • 1970 Fr. Patrick McEvoy becomes Pastor
  • 1973 Fr. Joseph McInerney becomes Pastor
  • 1979 New Church built
    • March 18 – Knights of Columbus Cloverdale Council #7276 is granted their charter.
    • September 1 – First Mass in new church offered by Fr. John Steele.
  • 1982 Msgr. John Brown becomes Pastor
  • 1985 St. Vincent de Paul Society established by Louis & Mary Kram.
  • 1987 Precious Blood celebrates 40 years; Mass concelebrated by Archbishop James Carney, Msgr John Brown and several other priests.
  • 1988 August 15 – Shrine of Mary with St. Bernadette currently outside the church was erected
  • 1989 Sisters of Notre Dame withdrew from teaching at CCS
  • 1996 April – June – Fr. Mark Hagemon becomes Administrator
    • July – Fr. Vincent Travers becomes Administrator
    • August – Fr. John Tritschler becomes Pastor.
  • 1997 June 15 - Cloverdale Catholic Parish Centre blessed by Archbishop Adam Exner for Parish`s 50th Anniversary.
  • 2005 Fr. Terry Larkin becomes Pastor
  • 2006 April – Fr. Jerry D`Souza becomes Administrator
    • July – Fr. Mark Bautista becomes Pastor
  • 2008 Sr. Mary Martha Hetzler, OP, a CCS graduate takes her final vows as a Dominican religious sister. She professed her first vows in 2002.
  • 2010 May 22 – Fr. Rodney Nootebos, parishioner and graduate of CCS is ordained.
  • 2012 Fr. Anthony Ho becomes Pastor
  • 2015 December 8, Parishioner Deacon Raul Abella ordained.
  • 2017 Fr. Paul Chu becomes Pastor